|Record memories for the Ash Twin Project|
Details[edit | edit source]
Purpose[edit | edit source]
After the success or failure of the Ash Twin Project, the Nomai Statues automatically pair with the person that is closest to it. The Statues record this person's memories, no matter where they are in the solar system. These memories are then sent to the Ash Twin Project, where each statue is linked to a storage unit which stores the memories. The storage units are equipped with masks which can send the memories back to the person paired with the Statue. The Nomai Statues were created by Phlox. The storage units and masks were created by Daz. The statues only pair once the Ash Twin Project succeeds or fails to prevent the paired subject from living a "hard to endure existence", and for the Nomai to realize whether the Ash Twin Project needs fixing.
Features[edit | edit source]
The Statues look similar to the appearance of the Nomai themselves. They have three eyes, horns that curve along the head, woolly fur, and a necklace. Once open, the eyes appear golden or glowing with violet light. There are eight Nomai masks that are paired to statues. These masks are inside of the Ash Twin Project core. Three of the masks are currently storing memories, (the Protagonist, Gabbro, and the Probe Tracking Module). One mask is removed, and four are inactive.
Statue locations[edit | edit source]
- (Active) Observatory on Timber Hearth (Paired with the Protagonist)
- (Active) Outside Statue Workshop door on Giant's Deep (Paired with Gabbro)
- (Active) In Probe Tracking Module
- 3 statues inside Statue Workshop, 2 in progress, 1 finished (Originally paired with Daz)
- 2 statues inside Sun Station
- 1 statue within the Ash Twin Project core
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- PHLOX: Ideally, they’ll only need to activate once the project succeeds; as a safety measure, however, the statues will also activate in the event of equipment failure.
- PHLOX: Yarrow, would you kindly step back so Daz is closest to the statue? When pairing, the statue will choose whoever is in closest proximity.
- See how its eyes have opened? That tells us the statue has paired with Daz. Now, no matter where he is in this star system, Daz’s statue will record his memories and send them to the Ash Twin Project.
- DAZ: Each statue will send a single Nomai’s memories to his or her own storage unit within Ash Twin.
- PHLOX: Each storage unit will be equipped with a mask, the statue’s counterpart, which will be able to send those stored memories back to the corresponding Nomai.
- YARROW: This is extraordinary sculpting work, Phlox! DAZ: He has outdone himself again, hasn’t he?
- DAZ: He has outdone himself again, hasn’t he? And now that we have our first successful pairing, we can test my memory storage prototype.
- RAMIE: It’s comforting to know the statues will not pair until the project succeeds. Otherwise, I imagine the experience would be hard to endure! (...) PHLOX: If anything goes wrong with the Ash Twin Project, the statues (and their masks) will make us aware of the situation and enable us to fix it.